By Christine Botham | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dynamic demand posing forecasting challenges
- Pressure to meet sales goals and achieve turns targets
- Special requirements for packaging, labelling and transportation in different jurisdictions
- Are you utilizing collaborative forecasting? Be aware of all the tools and systems provided by the boards for effective forecasting. Inform the buying and inventory teams of sales forecasts, inventory strategy and supply constraints, either via these tools or through alternative means. Your input in valuable!
- Inventory Management is imperative. Turning Inventory is critical and profitable. Is your team using available industry sales and inventory data? Are you using this data to determine if there are missed opportunities? Are you able to fulfill unprecedented demand in timely fashion?
- There are robust compliance programs at many of the boards. These are in place to ensure the smoothest operation possible for the customer, enabling the timely movement of product from warehouse to store. Non-compliance is costly: packaging or corrugate issues, labelling omissions, and QA shortfalls have substantial fines associated with them. These can be avoided.
Hope this is helpful. I know we can be.